On a cold March evening we all need some comfort food. Here’s a quick recipe for my go-to dessert that is not only super easy but will set you up for a relaxing evening. Nothing better than creamy chocolate and if you’re feeling extra special top with your favourite berries.
If you enjoy please let us know!
- 1 package Silken Tofu, Firm/Extra Firm
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- Pinch Salt
- Open package of tofu and drain any excess liquid from the container and place the tofu into your blender.
- Add the maple syrup to the blender and gently blend the tofu and syrup until its combined.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler. *Place a pot of water on a low simmer. Add the chocolate chips to a glass bowl that will fit over top the pot of water. Gently melt the chocolate chips. Once melted add the chocolate to the blender.
- Blend the tofu, maple syrup, chocolate and salt until well combined.
- Taste and adjust seasonings. Once you're happy with the flavour, place the mousse into a bowl and put in the fridge to chill.
- When ready to serve add your favourite berries or keep it simple and serve as is.