This is another sauce in my arsenal! Cilantro sauce may just change your life!
Honestly, there is nothing better than chopping up this fragrant herb. The scent of cilantro is so clean and fresh. Now, I know there are some people who can’t stand the smell and taste of cilantro and my son is one of them. I always ask myself, how is it possible I gave birth to a kid who hates cilantro. He tells me it tastes like soap. I like to think he’s a freak and perhaps he was switched at birth. All jokes aside, I do sympathize with the cilantro outcasts. What a shame that they can’t enjoy one of my favourite herbs.
This flavour-packed sauce is an excellent sauce for tacos, drizzled on pizza or thinned out to make a salad dressing. It’s super easy to make, zip it all up in your blender and enjoy. It should keep in your fridge for at least 3 days but lets be real, you’ll have it all eaten up by then.
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp bee free honey*
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp salt
- Soak cashews for a few hours or overnight so they are soft and easy to blend.
- Add the cashews to your blender with water and blend until just combined.
- Add the rest of ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Adjust seasonings to your liking and then place in the fridge and all those flavours will blend together to make magic.
Note: If you don't have any bee free honey substitute agave or maple syrup.
I hope you enjoy this cilantro sauce as much as I do!