When I say “crunchy” roasted chickpeas what I actually mean is crunchy on the outside with a soft delectable interior. I relate the chickpeas to people’s personalities, some have a tough outer shell but once you break through their exterior on the inside you find a kind, delicious interior.
My version of roasted chickpeas is super easy. Drain. Rinse. Dump. Coat. Roast.
It’s that easy!
Super versatile! Eat the chickpeas on their own as a snack, top your favourite salad or any bowl of greens, they even taste great as a topping for your soup. Chickpeas are a good source of protein and fiber and can bulk up many dishes.
- 1 can chickpeas, 28 oz
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp liquid aminos
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare a large sided baking pan. I gently sprayed mine with olive oil to help prevent sticking.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas *If you're into the Aquafaba movement save the chickpea water and place in the fridge.
- Dump the chickpeas into your baking pan. Evenly sprinkle the garlic and onion powder over the chickpeas. Do the same with the smoked paprika.
- Drizzle the aminos, maple syrup and avocado oil over the chickpeas and mix well to ensure all the peas are covered.
- Place in the centre rack of your preheated oven for approximately 30 minutes. Shake the pan every 10 minutes to ensure even roasting.
- Taste frequently and when you are happy with the the texture remove the chickpeas from the oven and let cool. They will crisp up even more as they cool.
There are no hard and fast rules for these crunchy roasted chickpeas. Add more smoked paprika or maple syrup. It all depends on your personal tastes!
We hope you enjoy these crunchy chickpeas! Play around with the recipe and let us know how you enjoyed them!