This soup is cheap and easy which kind of says a lot about me. I like recipes which are super flavourful and dead easy to make.
I hope you enjoy this soup as much as I did and if you did please let me know!
- 1 tbsp tbsp grape seed oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 carrots, chopped, (approximately 2 cups)
- 2 stalkes celery chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 inches ginger, minced
- 2 medium potatoes, chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup cashew cream
- 1-2 tsp salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- In a large soup pot heat the grape seed oil then add the onion, carrots and celery and cook for 10-15 minutes. Once softened add the garlic and ginger.
- Next add the potatoes and stir to combine. Pour in the vegetable broth and cook until the potatoes are tender.
- Using an immersion stick, blend the soup until smooth or with just a few chunks remaining. * I have also used my high speed blender in small batches.
- Once the soup is blended return to your soup pot set on a low heat and add the cashew cream, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Taste and if needed add more additional seasonings.